Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy Holidays From the Johnsons!

All, as we prepared to go into the final push for the holiday I count my blessings that have been bestowed on my family this year. The Universe and Creator reminds me that to everything there is a season. Over the last year we have lost Aunt Granny, Granddad, and Mr. Gill, a second Grandfather to Hank. As these special people have been called to do work elsewhere, there have been many births this year and more to come in the first part of 2008. Everything eventually comes full circle. God doesn't take one that he doesn't replace his angel with a another.

I am sad that Aunt Granny and Granddad did not live to meet Kenyon, but I am very grateful that Poppy (Dad, Ralph, Uncle Ralph depending on your relationship to him) stuck around to meet his Rose Petal. I still laugh about standing over his bed, he was asleep and unable to speak due to the respirator, when he awoke and nearly had a heart attack. He said I scared him with my 8 month pregnant belly. I had a green t-shirt on and he described it as an Easter Egg. I told him he had used up about 4 of his nine lives. Thank the Lord Heaven wasn't ready for him yet. When it is, I am sure it will be conditional on whether he can BBQ in Heaven.


Since we won't see many of you for the holiday, we wanted to spread a little cheer as only we can do. Here are a couple of Christmas carols modified to fit our family.







Finny the Long-Nosed Hound Dog
(Sung to the tune of Rudolph)

Finny the long nosed hound dog
Had a very runny nose
And if you ever saw it
You would even say it glows

All of the other hound dogs
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Finny
Join in any hound dog games

Then one frosty Christmas Eve
Santa came to say
Finny with your nose so straight
Pull my sleigh so I won’t be late!

Then how the hound dogs loved him
As they barked and howled with glee
Finny the sleigh pulling greyhound
You’ll go down in history!


You know how sibling rivalry is, so here is one for Sylvie:

Sylvie’s Bells
(Sung to the tune of Silver Bells)

In the bedroom, in the living room
Dressed in Sylvie’s dog style
In the air there’s a feeling of mischief
Toilet paper
Candy wrappers
Making the old greyhound smile
And from the dog’s bed you’ll hear….

Sylvie’s bells, Sylvie’s bells
Christmas treats for the greyhound
Ring a ling, hear them ring
Tells us a bad dog’s on the way

Hear the candy crunch
See the dog’s bunch
They’re as guilty as sin
And above all this bustle you’ll hear


Sylvie’s bells, Sylvie’s bells
Christmas treats for the greyhound
Ring a ling, hear them ring
Tell us a bad dog’s on the way



Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Feliz Navidad, Happy Hanukkah, Merry Solstice, and of course Happy New Year!






Love & Peace,
Hank, Susan, Sara, Kenyon, Finn & Sylvie


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

look forwaed to each posting as I miss seeing my kids, You do such a good job of writing your thoughts. Looking forward to Wednesday.
Love Gam