Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Hair-raising experience


Well, our girl is learning to love being in the bathtub. Her hair is finally getting long enough in the front to actually stick up. She sits in her little chair in the tub and kicks her legs and splashes. I can't wait until she can sit up and we can really get down to the business of taking a bath. She loves to have water poured over her with our bath time pitcher. I just have to watch her or she will pee on the towel before I get her in the tub. Hee!

Aunt Erin has been after me to take a picture of her feet. I guess she is wants to be able to visualize what the look like. I know she would give anything to bite her little toes. Kenyon is ticklish on the bottom of her feet so whenever I try to clean between her toes she will curl them under so you can't get to them. Hank told her she had so much toe jam she could make a PBNJ sandwich. Yuck!

She has been getting adjusted to her highchair. She loves it when I pile her babies on it so she can grab them and beat them on the tray. Poor LulaBelle, Aloha Monkey, Frog Prince, and don't forget Chicken. Frog Prince had to be emancipated from the exersaucer because he kept pissing Kenyon off. He was dangling from a plastic rod. She couldn't quite get the right angle for optimum gnawing. They get along much better since he has been freed. Problem is the dogs like him much better as well.

Last week was filled with milestones for the family. Everley turned 8 and I hear had a rip roaring party. Sadly, Aunt Granny passed away. She was a great lady. I agree with Jeannette when she said it marked the end of an era. I miss her and I know Hank & Sara do as well. Although we weren't able to make it to Griffin for the funeral, Jeannette represented us well. She was able to spend Monday morning with Sara's class discussing quilting. She even brought a family quilt to show & tell.

Speaking of dogs, they are on restriction. They have chewed up both of the remotes. When I say chewed up I mean it. The Tivo remote was split open with the guts scattered over the living room floor. Sara would have loved seeing that. She was taking her calculator apart on the bus the other day just so she could see what it looked like inside. That is her father's doing, they have been doing too many electronic experiments together.

Here are a few more gratuitous pictures of Special K.....



That is all for this entry. Christmas lists coming next....

No comments: