Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy New Year!











Better late than never. I can't seem to get ahead of the game this month, I can't believe January is inching to the end of the month. This year I am committed to kicking the blog up a notch, so I am going to try out a few new things. One of them is adding slide shows for certain groups of pictures. You are looking at my first slide show. This is Kenyon on Christmas day rolling around with some of her new toys that Santa brought her.


So much has happened since our Christmas post. Miss K has started cereal. She caught on quick to swallowing and spitting stuff out. We are adding a new fruit or veggie every Saturday. So far sweet potatoes and green beans are a hit. Bananas, not so much. I hope to reintroduce those later and fake her out.
Our little girl is not so little. She turned 6 months on January 8 and went to the pedi dr. to get h.er shots. She cried, but recovered quickly. She is 19 pounds and 27 in long. Both in the 95%. Her head is 17, and is in the 72%. We have got to transition her to her big girl car seat soon because I can barely lift her when she is in her infant carrier. We are debating price vs. safety ratings before we decide which ones to buy. We will buy two, one for each car. It is easier than hauling the car seat in and out of the vehicles everyday.
I started Weight Watchers at work on Dec 17th. I made it through Christmas with minimal damage. As of last week I have lost 7.2 pounds. I still have a ways to go, but I take it a week at a week at a time. I have begun working out (again) and am feeling better already. There is a group of us at work all doing WW in some variation, so we have started a support group. I told them I was able to lose the baby weight by the time I got back to work, so now I am moving on to the newlywed weight and then will have to tackle the fell in love weight.

Hank & I are launching our own rendition of the Biggest Loser. We got the idea form my friend, Holly. The winner for the week picks a task or chore for the other person to complete before the next weigh in. We both agreed NO SABOTAGING! No hauling B&J ice cream in the house.

This weekend Mike and Teresa Birmingham came to visit. Mike & Hank went to school together in New York. Mike is still in the service and will be deployed soon. Please keep him (and Teresa) in your prayers. We had a great visit with them along with their sweetie pie little boy, Jackson. He would come up to me and wrap his arms around my leg and smile up at me. Melt your heart. No wonder boys have their moms boonswaggled. As you can tell from the photo it is difficult to tell who is the kid and who is the 35 year old.






Well, you are now caught up on what the Johnson's are up to. Here is one more picture from Christmas. So, I know the new year has technically past, but you could look at it as I am early for the Chinese New Year!









Happy New Year!

No comments: