Friday, July 10, 2009

She is two!!!!


Kenyon turned two this week. Can you believe it? It just seems like yesterday. We had just got the house put back together after the great flood of 2007. Hank was at NRH2O with the kids when my water broke at home no less than 1 hour after he left. I was two days shy of a scheduled c-section. Miss hardheaded breech baby decided Sunday was a better day to be born than a Tuesday. Besides, 7/08/07 sounds better than 7/10/07. I had a friend rooting for 7/07/07....but that would be too trendy for our Miss K.

So there I was couldn't get Hank on the phone. I am sure he couldn't hear over the 1000 screaming kids. So I called Tom & Lucy our ever reliable neighbors. Well Lucy called the police to get an ambulance to the house. I walk outside and there are seven cute (sorry honey) firemen, an ambulance and a ladder truck form the local fire department all ready to bring my bundle of joy into the world. I told them they we just glad it wasn't another water rescue from all the flooding that went on.


I refused a ride to the hospital to let them examine me. Being big as a house I had not be able to shave my legs. I had all of these June Cleaver thoughts of being having my makeup and hair fixed, legs shaved and cute PJs on to go get my baby. Should have known. That crap only happens in the movies.


So I rode with Tom and Lucy in Tom's new SUV to the hospital sitting on a huge stack of towels. I finally got in touch with Hank and he proceeds to tell me his mom's flight got delayed. I interrupted to tell him my news. Sorry, Jeannette, I thought that kinda trumped your flight issues. He immediately said he would get "these kids" (Sara & Samuel) home and meet me at the hospital.

So, less than two hours after I arrived in L&D we had a beautiful baby in our arms. Only after my poor husband saw all my innards lying on the table in the reflection of the surgical cabinet. Nobody should have to see that.


Ever.

Happy Birthday my Sweet Kenyon. Born two years ago 8.10 lbs. Today is over 34lbs and the light of our lives.

We go for her two year check-up next week. More on that later.





2 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Miss K!

Anonymous said...

that tree stump is the BOMB