Saturday, November 10, 2007

Fallin' Towards Turkey Day




Fall is in the air, finally. Kenyon and I took a nice long walk around the hood today. On the way out of our front door I had to stop and take a moment to look at Lucy & Tom's red maple tree. It was alive with color. I love it when the leaves change. One day they are full and green, then you come home from work and the leaves are yellow and slowly drifting towards the ground. I told Hank I could sit under the tree all day and just watch the leaves. He then told me to go ahead and broke out into a sorry rendition of Sheryl Crow's "If it Makes You Happy". I had to laugh.

Kenyon has been hard at work in daycare and looking fabulous all the while. Next week is the fundraiser for Make a Wish Foundation part of it they will have special art work for sale that the kids made. I can't wait to see Miss K's. She has already painted pumpkins and leaves as well as a paper plate turkey with two different colored eyes.
Miss Peep has started working on her Christmas Wish List. I'll get that posted soon. I have asked Sara to get her list together as well. I nixed the pet rat. I told her that would be for her Georgia list.

Sara will be here a week from today. Hard to believe the year is almost gone. We are planning to stay around here for Thanksgiving, but will probably head to g-town somewhere around Christmas/New Years. Sara will be here from Dec 26 until Jan 6. I will be off the entire time. I am looking forward to it.
Little girl is getting quite squirmy. She wiggles all over the changing table, only tolerates the bouncey on occasion, ad goes to town in her saucer. I figure she will just stand up and walk one day because she is tired of laying around.

No comments: