Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Go Climb a Tree

If you ask Poppy he will only be too happy to tell the story how I got stuck in a tree. As the story goes, to my recollection, Mom & Dad couldn't find me (I wasn't even 5 probably). They looked everywhere. Well, they finally found me pretty high in the chinaberry tree. So it is told, Dad had to get the ladder and climb up to get me.





That story lays the ground work for the following pictures...Kenyon has discovered the beauty of sitting in a tree. The perspective that being in a tree provides to one's view to the world. Sara discovered this and now Hank is passing it on to Kenyon.


I still appreciate a good climbing tree. With age you realize it isn't as easy to get down as it used to be and I don't have my dad with a ladder to rescue me. Does it make me want to revisit that hidden desire to live in a tree, just like Miss Suzy did in my favorite kids book? You betcha!


1 comment:

Amy said...

hmmm. will have to check that one out.