Sunday, November 16, 2008

Baby it is cold outside.....to everything there is a season


As you can see the cold weather is upon us, for the weekend anyway. Yesterday Hank had to take the dogs to the P A R K (we have to spell it/can't say it in front of them) so that means I had to take Miss K around the block in the freezing cold wind. But all was not lost she got to wear her new coat that I picked up at a consignment sale for $9 and she got a free stuffed dog from the neighbors garage sale. Not a bad deal for going around the block.

Nana left Saturday morning to go home and take care of an ailing PawPaw. Hank got some studying in and I cleaned out my closet. I have decided to say goodbye to all the cute shoes that I could wear Pre-baby and can no longer fit into. My foot has grown a half size larger and I cannot wear anything past 2 inches, which ruled out all but about 5 pairs of shoes. Okay 7 if you count the $2.99 black flip flops from target. I know Hank was tired of finding me sitting in the bottom of my closet lovingly stroking my brown suede pumps with the perfect Louis heel. Sigh....

When pointed toed pumps came back in style I never understood Mom when she used to longingly tell us how she USED to be able to wear those shoes and to "just wait until you have kids" I now get that kids not only do a number on your mid-section, but on your feet as well. Thank God the curse of "having 15 just like me" never stuck, my feet would be as big as Shaqs and I won't even think about how low other things would be hanging. And I don't mean my ears.

In the end I would rather fall in love with this....


Than these...









Funny, how things change. There was a time when that would have been a tough choice.

No comments: